The oil has a warm, spicy-sweet aroma. It is used in spicy or masculine scents.
It combines well with orange, ginger, patchouli and all of the spice oils including cinnamon, cassia and clove.
Aromatherapy benefits: warming, cheering, comforting, nurturing.
Allspice oil should only be used in low dilutions, as it is found to irritate the mucus membrane and to cause dermal irritation.
Allspice oil can be helpful for the digestive system, for cramp, flatulence, indigestion and nausea.
It can help in cases of depression, nervous exhaustion, tension, neuralgia and stress.
A very small amount of Allspice oil can be used for as massage oil for a chest infection, severe muscle spasm or extreme cold.
In small doses in can also help for rheumatism, arthritis, stiffness, chills, congested coughs and bronchitis.
Essential and resin oils are volatile, fragrant materials extracted from the root, bark, wood, seed, fruit, leaf or flower of a single plant. Essential oils contain the odor, taste and medicinal properties of the plant itself, but in very concentrated form, with no base oil, alcohol, water or dilutants added.
Steam distillation and cold pressing are used to extract the essential oil from the plant.
Starwest Essential Oils are guaranteed to be 100% pure and undiluted. The distillation process occurs either at the site where the plants are grown or at a distillery. Each oil is tested for purity and strength using the gas chromatography method.
Packaged in glass amber bottles to preserve the oils, the 1/3 ounce size has a fitted dropper insert and a tamper-evident, child-proof lid. The larger items are in amber glass or PET gallon containers, depending on the product.
Starwest’s pure essential oils are suitable for use in aromatherapy, cosmetic preparation, healing and body care, potpourris and more.
Essential oils are very potent and should always be used sparingly and in conjunction with a reliable reference.
1. Always read and follow all label warnings and cautions.
2. Keep oils tightly closed and out of reach of children.
3. Never ingest undiluted essential oils.
4. Don't use undiluted oils on your skin. Dilute oils with vegetable oils, one to three drops per tablespoon.
5. Keep oils away from eyes and mucous membranes.
6. Skin test oils before using. Dilute a small amount and apply to the skin of your inner arm. Do not use if redness or irritation occurs.
7. If redness, burning, itching or irritation occur, stop using oil immediately.