Anise Seed - Added to perfumes for its rich, sweet fragrance.
The oil of anise and star anise are often used and sold interchangeably because they are similar in aroma and chemical make-up. The primary constituent of both is anethole, a sweet substance that solidifies at room temperature. If this happens simply warm the bottle in a warm water bath until the oil liquefies.
1. Always read and follow all label warnings and cautions.
2. Keep oils tightly closed and out of reach of children.
3. Never ingest undiluted essential oils.
4. Don't use undiluted oils on your skin. Dilute oils with vegetable oils, one to three drops per tablespoon.
5. Keep oils away from eyes and mucous membranes.
6. Skin test oils before using. Dilute a small amount and apply to the skin of your inner arm. Do not use if redness or irritation occurs.
7. If redness, burning, itching or irritation occur, stop using oil immediately.