Spearmint is very similar to Peppermint, but with far less menthol (Peppermint: 28% - 46%, Spearmint: .5%). This makes Spearmint a better choice for children or the infirm.
Scent Characteristics: Warm, spicy, herbaceous, minty aroma.
Distillation Method: Steam distillation of the flowering tops.
Common Uses: Flavoring, Scent, Aromatherapy
Qualities & Properties: A ''first aid reference'' - relieves nausea, muscle and joint pains, cold symptoms. Vitalizing; uplifting; a confidence builder. Diffuser, massage, bath, inhalation, compress.Spearmint is less powerful than Peppermint, therefore less effective and better suited for children.
1. Always read and follow all label warnings and cautions.
2. Keep oils tightly closed and out of reach of children.
3. Never ingest undiluted essential oils.
4. Don't use undiluted oils on your skin. Dilute oils with vegetable oils, one to three drops per tablespoon.
5. Keep oils away from eyes and mucous membranes.
6. Skin test oils before using. Dilute a small amount and apply to the skin of your inner arm. Do not use if redness or irritation occurs.
7. If redness, burning, itching or irritation occur, stop using oil immediately.
Cert. Organic means third-party Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (www.qai-inc.com/), which physically inspects the herb production process from farm to pack, and Certified Organic by the USDA.